In recent times we have been giving away gifts to kids in the form of return gifts during occasions like kid birthdays, aksharaabhyasa or vidyarambham and few such events.. When we were young return gifts used to be given during marriages, namakarana (naming ceremony) etc..Lately it has become very common to give gifts to mark happiness of celebrations, expressing gratitude for gifts received etc..
Below are some ideas on return gifts which are useful for the kids and also affordable for less than 5 yr old kids:-
- Kid story books like Pepper series books (Dog named pepper story books), moral stories, writing books.
- Coloring books and activity books(covering all activities like coloring ,drawing, identifying pictures and many more ).. [This is affordable as far as I have noticed if the kids count is more ]
- If less than 3 year old can give away stationery – a set of scale,pencil,eraser available in markets with different attractive colors, shapes and sizes.
- If aksharabhyasa, we can distribute books along with slate,chalk pieces( which is very very rarely used now 🙂 ) Also, I would humbly recommend to give-away return gifts(stationeries) for under-privileged children be it kids in orphanages or anaathashrama who greatly get benefitted by donations.
- There is also another idea for distribution like giving Jig-saw puzzles,water/video games in different shapes and colors if the kids are above 4-5 yrs of age..
- If the count of the kids is less, we can plan for educative CDs, toys and books etc.
- To Invited ladies ::::::- Apart from gifts to kids, return gift could also be given to ladies and some ideas are giving away steel trays with beautiful carvings, and nowadays beautiful trays made out of many different kinds of materials are available in the market with decoration using Kundan stones, pearls, painted trays etc or steel items like utensils/bowls/HanDi or deep bottomed pans/kadais , microwave safe/food-safe utensils like boxes , apart from blouse pieces and below have put the (sample) picture of voggarane dabbi given by myself during a household function to the invited relative ladies… 🙂
Do let me know if you would like to share your ideas on the same.. 🙂