This festival is dedicated to Goddess Gowri or Goddess Parvathi or Goddess Devi, mainly feminine divine power. This vratha is also known as “Soubhaagya Gowri vratha” and people as per their customs and regions celebrate in different ways….. This year the date of this festival according to Vontikoppal Mysooru panchaanga is :: 10th of April 2016.. Usually this vratha is performed if it has been followed in their family customs..
- Put a Padma Rangoli( 8 petal Rangoli) , Over which place a plank ( White metal available now / Wooden)
- Over the plank place a Tray ( Hittale or Panchaloha or Taamra or Silver ) .
- Spread rice over the plate ( In some customs this is not done)
- For Kalasha, take a thali( tambige or bindige made of silver or Hittale or Taamra ) pour water- 3/4th of the tambige
- Around the Kalasha, smear a line of Sunna/lime. Inside the water immerse 2 Veelyadele or Betel leaves
- Also place a turmeric or arishinada gowri moulded into pyramid shape( Mixing arishina/turmeric and water to form a cone like shape ). Infront of this place Ganesha , Gowri Vigraha. Sideways to the Turmeric gowri, place Abharana items like Bale, Bicchole, kannadi etc.
- Pooja is done first to Lord Ganesha Vigraha, chanting Lord’s names.. Later to arishinada gowri, Gowri vigraha now chanting Gowri ashtottara, Gejje-vastra, lighting lamps or deepa, doopa or agarabatti, neivedya items could be something like Sajjige, Paayasa , Hayagreeva etc and perform Aarathi and Namaskarams etc..
- One could sing aarathi songs while doing aarathi after pooja..
Few related Stotras are ::
SarvamangaLa mangalye shive sarvartha saadhake
SharaNye tryambake Gowri NarayaNi namosthuthe||
ಸರ್ವಮಂಗಳ ಮಾಂಗಲ್ಯೇ ಶಿವೆ ಸರ್ವಾರ್ಥ ಸಾಧಕೆ
ಶರಣ್ಯೇ ತ್ರ್ಯಂಬಕೆ ಗೌರಿ ನಾರಾಯಣಿ ನಮೋಸ್ತುತೆ ||
Ya devi sarvabhuteshu shakti rupeNa samsthitha
Namastasyai, namastasyai, namastasyai namo namaha ||
ಯಾ ದೇವಿ ಸರ್ವಭೂತೇಷು ಶಕ್ತಿ ರುಪೆಣ ಸಂಸ್ಥಿತಾ
ನಮಸ್ತಸ್ಯೈ , ನಮಸ್ತಸ್ಯೈ , ನಮಸ್ತಸ್ಯೈ ನಮೋ ನಮಃ||NOTE:
- Dear readers do send me a note, if you are willing to share pictures of festival celebration at your regions/homes.. Rituals vary from region to region ..
- We keep the Gowri for 3 Tadiges( that is until Akshaya Tadige).. If that day falls on friday or tuesday, we just wait for that day and immerse the arishinada Gowri , the next day( which is neither tuesday or friday) and pour that water on Tulasi plant since nowadays we cant find wells nearby/rivers in cities.
- Last but not the least , if you have read and liked this post and found it to be useful, do drop me a note in the below comment box !!! 🎉🎉 🎊🎊